Last Updated: September 26, 2020
The choices you have regarding collection and use of your data are described in the relevant sections below. Residents of some states have additional rights to access and control the use of their data. Please see the state-specific statements of privacy rights below.
Wide Open Media collects or may collect consumer data for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Relevancy Purposes , to provide Users with the most relevant experiences on our Website and versions of our mobile applications, including articles, news, information, giveaways and third-party ads that we think are likely to be of interest to you.
- Transactional Purposes , to contact Users concerning our offers and promotions, to fulfil those offers and promotions, and to facilitate your interaction with the advertisers on whose ads you have clicked.
- Technical Purposes , to provide notices, updates, security alerts and support information; to analyze usage trends in the aggregate; and to administer our Website. For mobile devices, we use analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our software on your phone or tablet.
- Customer Service Purposes , to communicate with you via email and/or direct mail about any questions you may have.
- Reporting Purposes, to share consumer data with third-party reporting services, fraud detection services and advertisers.
Wide Open Media collects or may collect consumer data from sources in the following categories:
- Direct from Consumer , information that you provide to us directly, such as registering on our Website (e.g., name and address), responding to surveys or quizzes, signing up for newsletters or offers or posting messages on any Wide Open Media Blog that may be available. .
- Automatic Data Collection , collected automatically when you visit or register on our Website, such as internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or click-stream data, and through the use of "cookies", "pixel tags" and similar tracking technologies. For additional information on such tracking technologies, see Section 6 below.
- Third-Party Sources , information obtained from third parties, such as data management platforms, advertisers, publishers, the public domain and governmental and other public sources, as well as commercial data aggregators who collect data from businesses and other sources and make that data available to other businesses (like Wide Open Media) for a valuable consideration.
Wide Open Media collects or may collect data about consumers in the following categories:
- Identifying Data , such as first and last name, postal address and e-mail address.
- Technical Data , such as IP address, MAID (Mobile Advertising ID), site traffic data and data on any websites that referred you to us.
- Engagement Data , such as the web pages you viewed, the articles, news and content you have reviewed, any surveys or quizzes you may have taken, advertisements you have viewed and/or clicked-on, items you’ve purchased, apps and games you have installed and other interactions on our Website.
- Affinity Data , such as data on the articles, news and content with which you have interacted.
- Demographic Data , such as age, gender, income level, geographic area and other personal characteristics.
Wide Open Media shares or may share consumer data with PCH and with third parties in the following categories:
- Targeting Partners , such as data management partners or other third parties who use Engagement, Affinity and Demographic information to align you with others in relevant groups based on common characteristics, interests and propensities in order to create anonymized marketing segments that may be shared with third-parties.
- Marketing Partners, such as advertisers or app developers who wish to target and/or retarget our Users with relevant advertisements on other websites or direct-to-consumer merchants who wish to communicate directly with our customers and Users through name rental or exchange.
- Acquisition Partners , such as Facebook, publishers and other third parties who display Wide Open Media ads on their websites to help Wide Open Media attract new customers and Users, or retargeting existing or lapsed Users, for our Websites.
- Service Providers , such as optimization and attribution partners, fraud-detection services, email service providers fulfillment houses and other service providers, who need access to consumer data in order to provide such services.
- Media Intermediaries, such as buy-side advertising platforms, media vendors, brokers, agencies or other intermediaries that represent advertisers, publishers or others who may wish to match their audience against our audience to determine if they want to target offers to our Users.
- Aggregators , such as data management platforms, advertisers and publishers,
- Reporting Partners , such as ad agencies, adtech platforms (demand-side, supply-side and data management platforms), to report on events that occur on our Website, including advertising impressions and clicks.
- Supporting Partners , such as marketing advisors, consultants and other third-party industry participants who work with us on a commercial basis or provide advice or services to us to support our business.
We assign a unique generic user ID ("GUID") to each User. GUIDs are anonymized, and contain no personally-identifiable information. We use GUIDs to track and report on Users' engagement with our Website, transactions with us and any prizes, awards or other benefits to which they may be entitled. GUIDs may be shared with third-party advertisers to facilitate and report on a User's engagement with advertisements or offers from such third parties.
We share a User's Google Advertising ID with application tracking companies so that they can track and report to us whether a User has viewed, clicked on our accepted an advertiser's offer or downloaded an advertiser's app.
We use third-party service providers to verify a User's email address, in order to ensure our commercial email messages reach the intended User.
We may provide User contact information and data to selected third-party advertisers and publishers to present offers directly to our Users that we think may be of interest to them.
Our applications may contain tools from third-party service providers that enable those third parties to collect and analyze non-personally identifiable information from Users' devices in accordance with such third parties' own privacy policies and subject to the legal requirements that apply to them.
In the event of a merger, acquisition or change of control of Wide Open Media, customer data would be considered a business asset and would be transferred. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We may also disclose consumer data as required to protect the safety and security of our Users.
We will share your personally identifiable information with PCH and may share such information with our other affiliates, technical consultants, auditors, attorneys and other third parties who work with us to make our Website and services available.
A cookie is a small data file that a website can send to the browser on your computer when you link to that website. A cookie can hold information deposited in the file by a website, which can then be read by other sites. A cookie is not a computer program, it does not extract personal information about you or from your computer and it does not read data on your hard drive or instruct your computer to perform any function.
You may be able to use your browser to give you the option of accepting or rejecting a cookie whenever you visit a website. You may also be able to use your browser or other software to clear cookies from your browser any time you wish. However, deleting a website's cookie may mean that some features of our Website will not operate correctly. Besides cookies, we may use web beacons, tracking pixels or similar tracking mechanisms to track your usage patterns on our Website. Like cookies, these small files do not store, record or share any personal information about you. We utilize third-party internet service providers to collect site traffic data through the use of such tracking technologies that can be embedded in our Website. These service providers can then provide us with aggregate and anonymous usage data to allow us to improve our Website. This usage data cannot be associated with any personal information we have about you.
Targeted (also known as Behavioral) Advertising uses information collected on a person's web browsing behavior (such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made) to select relevant digital experiences and advertisements for display to that person on third-party websites. For example, if you have shown an interest in cooking while visiting Wide Open Media, you may be served an advertisement from Wide Open Media or a third-party advertiser for cooking-related products when you visit a website other than our Website. The information collected is linked only to an anonymous GUID; it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number.
If you would like to opt out of Targeted Advertising, please click here .
Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads from Wide Open Media and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you may continue to receive online advertising from Wide Open Media or other advertisers; however, these ads won't be targeted and therefore may not be as relevant to you.
Yes. Receiving email from Wide Open Media is always optional. You may opt-in to all, some or none of our email programs. If you are already receiving Wide Open Media promotional emails for one or more of our email programs, and no longer wish to receive such communications, simply follow the "unsubscribe" instructions that appear in every Wide Open Media e-mail. If you prefer, or have other questions, you can contact us through the "Ask Us" page found on our Website at click here , or by writing directly to Christopher L. Irving, Consumer & Privacy Affairs, Publishers Clearing House LLC, 300 Jericho Quadrangle, #300, Jericho, New York, 11753.
We will retain your data for as long as your account is active and the data is needed for giveaway processing or to provide you the goods and services that you may have ordered.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at a click here . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Residents of some states have additional rights to control access to and use of their data. Please see the state-specific statements of privacy rights below.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, including appropriate organizational, technological and physical safeguards commensurate with the sensitivity of the personal information in question. Although we believe that the measures we take to safeguard your data are appropriate, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website is not intended to be used by visitors residing outside of the United States. We regret that, due to systems limitations, non-U.S. residents may not access, sue or take advantage of any offers through our Website.
Our Website is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of sixteen, and Wide Open Media does not intend to collect personal information from individuals in this age group. If Wide Open Media receives actual notice that a person under the age of sixteen has provided personal information to Wide Open Media, Wide Open Media will promptly (immediately, in the case of persons under the age of thirteen) remove such information from its files.
The following information is for California residents and domiciliaries:
For California Consumers, please click here for information on your rights under the California Consumer Protection Act to access and control the use your data.
For California Consumers, please click here to opt-out of the sale of your data.
We do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals. Please consider your options above to make consumer requests concerning your online privacy.
For Nevada Consumers, please click here for information about your rights under SB 220, Nevada's consumer privacy law.