Wide Open Media
California Consumer Privacy Rights
1. Purpose and General Principles
- The purpose of this California-specific Statement of Consumer Privacy Rights ("Statement") is to provide California Consumers with a description of the rights of California Consumers regarding their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA").
- WOM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Publishers Clearing House LLC ("PCH"), and shares data and certain elements of its IT infrastructure and data processing systems with PCH. WOM may also rely on PCH to provide certain services in connection with WOM's processing of data and consumer requests.
- For the purposes of CCPA and this Statement, the words "Sell," "Selling," "Sale" or "Sold" are defined broadly to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating the Personal Information of a California Consumer to another person for money or other valuable consideration.
- This Statement was last updated on October 2, 2020.
2. Your Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Used, Disclosed or Sold by WOM.
- California Consumers have the right to know about the Personal Information that WOM collects, uses, discloses, and Sells. This is sometimes called the "Right to Know."
- For instructions on submitting a Request to Know, a description of the process WOM will use to verify your request and any information you will have to provide in support of such a verified request, see Section 4 below .
- WOM's Collection, Sources, Uses and Sale of Personal Information.
|Category of Data|
|Sources||Direct from Consumer||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Third-Party Sharing||Targeting Partners||x||x||x||x||x|
3. Your Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
- California Consumers have a right to request the deletion of their Personal Information held by WOM.
For instructions on submitting a Request to Delete, and a description of the process WOM will use to verify your request, including any information you will have to provide in support of such a verified request, see see Section 4 immediately below.
You can submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete your Personal Information by taking the following actions:
- For Request to Know : Click on the following link: https://accounts.wideopenmediagroup.com/ccpa/rta
- For Request to Delete : Click on the following link: https://accounts.wideopenmediagroup.com/ccpa/rtd
(1) Complete the authentication required in order to verify your identity, which may include an affidavit.
(2) Once you have completed the authentication process, please follow the directions on the online form to provide us with information necessary to locate your account. You will be asked to provide:
ii. Postal Address; and
iii. Email address (please provide the email address associated with your WOM account).
(3) Submit the form. Upon submission of the online form, you will be provided a transaction ID. Please retain this for future reference.
(4) Create a user name and password within the CCPA portal. You will be able to track the status of your request, receive update messages and receive a final confirmation message in this portal. This account information is for the CCPA portal only and will not be used for any WOM marketing accounts.
Your Request to Know or Request to Delete will have to be verified before WOM can act upon it. A verified Request to Know or Request to Delete is called a "Verifiable Consumer Request". Upon successful submission of a Verifiable Consumer Request, WOM will promptly begin working on your request. You will receive notification upon completion.
NOTE : PCH has retained the services of a third party to assist WOM with the validation process. Data submitted by you during the authentication process will not be provided to PCH or WOM and will not be retained by the third party.
5. Your Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
- California Consumers have a right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information by WOM. This is called the "Right to Opt-out."
- To exercise your Right to Opt-out, please complete and file the webform available at https://accounts.wideopenmediagroup.com/do-not-sell.
6. WOM Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Privacy Rights
- California Consumers have a right to be free of discriminatory treatment by any business for exercising their privacy rights under the CCPA.
- WOM will not discriminate against you in any way, including but not limited to denying you goods or services available to others, charging you different prices or providing you with a different quality of goods or services.
7. Authorized Agent
- California Consumers can authorize another person to make a request under the CCPA on the consumer's behalf.
- You will have to provide written authorization to your Authorized Agent, and upon request either you or your Authorized Agent will have to provide written authorization to WOM to verify your identity and their authority to act for you.
8. Contact for More Information
- For questions or more information about your rights under the CCPA and this Statement of Consumer Privacy Rights, please contact: Christopher L. Irving, Consumer & Privacy Affairs, Publishers Clearing House LLC, 300 Jericho Quadrangle #300 Jericho, NY 11753.